Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th on my birthday?

Yesterday was just like an ordinary day for me, trying to make it special since it happened to be my birthday. I set the alarm clock at 6:45am, enough time to get a shower and put on clothes for the 7:30 am mass. I went alone since my wife is so sick for 4 days now and my son was still sleeping that early. When I got to the church, i was few minutes late even if I drove a little more than the speed limit just to be on time. Oh well. i really don't like it if I didn't get the very beginning of the mass and there's nothing I can do but just to blame the hair gel that we bought, now i know why it was on sale.. gheez! Inside the church I was able to talk with our Creator without any interruptions, without my son crying around, i mean all in its solemnity.. I asked His forgiveness for all my faults and failings in the past 31 years. Gratitude for all the blessings and assistance in our daily living. I feel very relieved after the mass. I even met a very kind lady named Doris, she introduced me to the other members of their rosary crusade and invited me to join them every morning. She told me that I can lead one mystery of the rosary in my native tongue if I want to. I believe that's the best time of the day in my birthday... to be with God in my very special day!

1 comment:

eva said...

Hi Al belated happy birthday!