Friday, November 19, 2010

My Best Friend, Sandy

Guest post from: Bruno Smith
During the course of my life, it has always been rather hard to make a friend, never mind a best friend. However, I did manage to find someone that fits that mold a great number of years ago.

We met when I was in high school and she was in middle school. She was the sister of somebody I knew at school, and for some reason we hit it off better than I did with her older sister. At first, she was a little slow to consider me somebody she wanted to talk to all the time; in fact, she was actually a little hostile, and gave me a few choice words whenever she saw me. Eventually, however, you were unable to tell that there had ever been any tension between us.

We have a lot in common. We enjoy going to local renaissance festivals and wearing costumes for the occasion - it actually makes things more fun when you feel like you are truly a part of that world. We like to go shopping, or even spend an evening at home, watching movies. I do not know what I would do if she was no longer in my life.

Before I make the hour or so long drive to visit her these days, I always make sure to set the home security alarm (ADT home security offers). We do not get to see each other as much as we used to, but I like to think that we will always be close.

No comments: